Used for more than 70 years, Isover glasswool products have proven themselves as popular, ecological and safe to use insulation materials that are probably the most well documented and tested building materials in the world. Isover glasswool insulation is manufactured from a combination of sand and up to 80% recycled post-consumer glass that would otherwise go to landfill. On average, our glasswool contains 50% recycled glass.
Process waste is reduced by incorporating production scrap back into the primary production process, or reprocessing it into other products. ‘Isover Aerolite glasswool product saves more than 100 times the energy used to manufacture the product during it’s lifespan!!’
With constant improvements to glasswool’s quality and performance, today’s technically advanced products bear little resemblance to our products of the 1970’s. A very positive eco-balance.
Before choosing your installer, you should:
- Ensure that they advise you of potential problems you may already have in your ceiling.
- Ensure that they do a site visit prior to offering a “cheaper ” quotation.
- The “cheapest price” is not always the best alternative – A major consideration is the future of your house and the well being of your family.
Downlights operate at temperatures up to 370 °C. If downlights are covered by insulation these temperatures can cause some types of insulation or other building material to ignite.
Anyone who has safety concerns about insulation installed by any other means should contact a licensed electrician to undertake a safety check.
Is it expensive? – By using thermal insulation and energy saving techniques it is possible to save up to 78% of a buildings energy consumption for heating and cooling. By installing Aerolite in your ceiling, a temperature comfort zone will be created, also reducing the costs of cooling and heating your home.
Is it combustible? – Aerolite is non-combustible, does not contribute to the spread of flame and can be used in vertical or horizontal application as proven during fire standard testing and used on TIPSASA fire register.
- Aerolite carries no health hazards & is 100% safe for your whole family.
- Aerolite does not provide sustenance for rodents.
- Aerolite carries a Class 1 Fire Index rating from the SABS and is not combustible.
- Aerolite is manufactured according to state of the art technology which has significantly reduced the itch, making the product more user friendly.